The TD-2001 is designed to an exceptionally wide frequency range of 500 to 22,000Hz, high efficiency and high dependability.
DIAPHRAGM. A pure beryllium diaphragm is employed in the TD-2001. This diaphragm ensures rapid sound wave transmission, extremely flat frequency response, little cone breakup, excellent transient response and high sound image definition. Deformation is prevented by a surround formed of a special high-polymer compound. It also effectively prevents fatigue and rupture caused by an excessive input level.
VOICE COIL. For the voice coil, the TD-2001 employs edgewise-wound aluminum ribbon wire, insulated in alumite film. This design provides an exceptionally high acoustic conversion efficiency. It is wound on a bobbin formed from a high-polymer compound having ideal heat resistance up to 752F (400C)
MAGNETIC CIRCUIT. The magnetic circuit includes a 2.2 lb. (1kg) alnico magnet for a total magnetic flux of 68,500Mx. The center pole is capped by a ring of pure silver to prevent an increase in impedance (and resultant distortion) at high frequencies.
- Voice coil impedance: 8 ohms.
- Voice coil diameter: 1-7/8 inches/48mm.
- Equalizing system: 3-slit type.
- Frequency range: 500 - 22,000Hz.
- Maximum input power: 30 watts (800Hz, -12dB/oct.).
- Sound pressure level: 109dB/W (1m).
- Crossover frequency: over 800Hz (-12dB/oct.).
- Total magnetic flux: 68,500 maxwells.
- Magnetic flux density: 18,000 gauss.
- Hole size for throat connection: 1 inch/25.4mm.
- Mounting dimensions: 3 inches/76.2mm (for 2 holes), 2-1/4 inches/57.2mm (for 3 holes).
- Weight: 14 lbs. 2 oz./6.4kg.
- Outer dimensions (diameter x depth): 5-9/16 x 4-3/16 inches/l41 x 107mm.
This item is new old stock and comes complete in box with manuals. There may no longer be a Manufacturers warranty on this item. It not we will offer a 7 day guarantee. If the unit does not work or quits within 7 days of receipt, we will repair or refund your money at our discretion.
(within the Continental United States only)