The Akai DPS12 is a powerful, yet portable 12-track random-access digital recorder capable of recording to convenient removable Jaz cartridges or SCSI hard disks. Six balanced analog inputs utilize reference-grade mic preamps, ensuring an extremely low noise floor and generous headroom in the critical mic-to-ADC path. Using the analog inputs combined with the S/PDIF optical I/O, the DPS12 can record a maximum of 8 tracks simultaneously, with 12 tracks on playback. The 12 tracks utilize no compression and offer full random-access edit capability with no generational loss.
Hard Disk Recording technology
- 12 tracks
- Recording formats: 32/44.1/48 kHz (16-bit)
- Inputs: 6 balanced (18 bit)
- Outputs: master out L/R, aux send A/B
- Digital in/out stereo (optical)
- 20 channels digital mixer
- Scene memories with total recall
- Remote parameter control via MIDI EQ
- 3 bands x 6 channels / 2 bands x 12 channels
- 2 internal effect sends (with optional DSP card)
- AUX / INSERT< Aux send x 2 / NO insert
- Internal JAZ drive
- External SCSI HD or JAZ drive (built-in SCSI port)
- 196 min. (approx. 16.3 min. x 12 tracks) at 44.1 (1 Gb drive)
- Advanced editing, built-in MIDI ports
- Optional FX card EB2M
This DPS12 uses software version 1.1, and comes with a 1Gig Jaz Drive and the EB2M FX card.
This item is new old stock and comes complete in factory sealed box with manuals. There may no longer be a Manufacturers warranty on this item. It not we will offer a 7 day guarantee. If the unit does not work or quits within 7 days of receipt, we will repair or refund your money at our discretion.