Introduced in 1993, the DA-88 was among the first affordable digital recorders available to home studios. The 8-track, 16-bit recorder captured audio to Hi-8 cassettes and was known for its reliability. Its optional synchronization features made it a standard in post production audio, and many units are still in use today. The DA-88 won an EMMY® award shortly after its introduction for technical achievement.
The Best Value in Digital Multitrack Recording
- Total 108 minutes of recording time on low-cost Hi8 tape (over twice the recording time of others
- 92 dB dynamic range
- Auto Track Finding constantly realigns tracks and eliminates tape skew and distortion
- 16-bit linear D/A and A/D quantization for error free sound reproduction
- Simple one cable (PW-88M) interface locks up to 16 DA-88s (one cable required for each machine)
- Advanced variable crossfade technology
- Programmable track playback delay (-4 to +150 ms) lets you allow for signal processor delays, phase alignment anomalies or to add subtle special effects
- 8-digit multi-function display shows absolute time, locate time, variable speed, offset and other parameters
- Pitch control ±6% at either 44.1 or 48kHz sampling frequencies
- Auto Punch In/Out capability
- Direct drive brushless transport motors
- Super-rugged, reliable transport built to take years of constant stopping, starting and shuttling
- Moderate speed rotary transport head minimizes tape stress
- Modular sub-assembly design aids in qualified servicing and maintenance and minimizes down time.
Includes Timecode Card
Unit is in good condition with no visible scratches or markson the front.
These units are untested and are being sold as is with no warranty.