The MMR-8 is designed primarily to be a replacement for the mag dubber in post production mix stages. The key feature on the TASCAM MMR-8 is the ability to work with hard drives in many DAW's native formats, eliminating the need for transfers from one media to another. These dubbers actually read the EDL (Edit Decision List) that the DAW works from. Inside the MMR-8, you'll still find many of the basic editing features you're accustomed to on DAW's, like cut, copy, paste, etc. The ability to make minor edits during the mix stage also saves time. Since the MMR-8 can also record in DAW formats, it has also found its way into Foley and ADR stages, often acting as a target machine for mixing surround systems. When combined with the Graphic User Interface application ViewNet Audio, the MM-series dubber network can become a powerful, yet still user-friendly tool by utilizing a familiar DAW layout.
- 8 channel hard disk recorder/player
- Reads the Edit Decision List of most major Digital Audio Workstations directly, eliminating the need for transfers
- 24 bit recording/playback
- 24 bit signal path through AES/EBU
- Audiophile quality 20 bit A/D and D/A converters
- 44.1kHz, 48kHz, plus all pull up/pull down variations
- Removable Kingston carrier bay in front panel
- SCSI port on back
- Complete synchronization facilities built in for SMPTE, biphase, and serial 9 pin
- MMR Bus allows synchronization of up to 100 MMR/MMP units
Unit is in good condition with no visible scratches or marks.
Used Gear Return Policy: We offer a 7 day guarantee on our used merchandise. It the unit does not work or quits within 7 days of receipt, we will repair or refund your money at our discretion.